Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

1.30.2010

Diapers: cloth or dispoable?

So I had never really thought about cloth diapers as being an option but the more I look into it the more I like the idea. I know it will be a little rough to get used to but plenty of moms out there do it, so why can't I? Plus, if we're in a pinch I could always resort to the quick disposables.
Here's a video I found on YouTube that makes cloth diaper changes look really easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDc-Vlr_8UE

I also found this site with lots of good info on cloth diapering:
http://www.diaperpin.com/howto.asp
I only wish it had more pictures and/or videos.

And then, I've been reading on this forum: http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=55
about real moms who have gone the cloth diaper route.

So I think I'm going to try to make some cloth diapers using velcro and some water proof material if I can find some. Hopefully I can practice on someone else's baby to perfect it!

I found these patterns online: http://www.diapersewing.com/, http://www.diaperjungle.com/sewing-cloth-diapers.html

If I were to buy them I would definitely go the BumGenius route, as that's what I'd be aiming to make mine like.

No comments: