Today was my first official OB visit for the first trimester! It was pretty hectic but here's a recap: We got there on time, they didn't ask for a copay so we figured it'd be at the end. Then we went into the room and waited a bit, the nurse offered to do my pee sample at the end because I wasn't ready to go yet.
Then the Dr came in, we went over the past few weeks, symptoms and then I asked about the next ultrasound and lab results for the cystic fibrosis and Downs and she said they weren't back yet... well that was a month ago they were sent out... she said she would look into it and let us know... she leaves and comes back and says the tests were never ordered... UMMMM That's not cool, I had 8 viles taken, a 20 min discussion about why we wanted the tests done AND I passed out!!
She assured me that she would handle it personally and we would set up the scan for next week as the u/s tech is out sick today. So she whips out the doppler and searches for a min... LO's hb was like a washing machine, so perfect and clear! She didn't even tell us what the rate was and we were both so overwhelmed we forgot to ask!
Then we went to the front desk to discuss scheduling the anatomy scan (scheduled for 4.23.10!!!!) and the tests for next week. Well they cant schedule the one for next week until the supervisor comes in today so they'll call me today about it. So, we left there without paying a copay and without doing the sample! But hearing the heart beat totally made our day! I even recorded it on my phone.. I'm going to try to find a way to get it on my blog this weekend. Right now I'm having technical difficulties...
This week was not all rosy, as I can no longer say that I've not vomited. Tuesday I was on my way back to work from lunch and I got stuck behind a van with the most putrid, foul exhaust pouring out! I started coughing and could not help but lose a bit of lunch. I can think of only a few worse places to lose it than while trying to drive a stick shift! Ugh, luckily it cleaned up alright. I've felt okay since, but I was kind of embarrassed.
The ultrasound and lab work is scheduled for Monday morning, bright and early at 8am! I'm so excited to see our little spawn again and I'll be posting those pics as soon as I can!
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment