Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

5.21.2010

Week 21 Update

21 weeks marked the beginning of month 5 for us and boy, I've found out that baby-brain, pregnancy brain, whatever you want to call it- IS REAL!
We'll start with this past Monday.
Rob was at work for the evening and I got in the freezer for some ice for my water. I slept really well that night, so well I didn't even hear Rob come home Tuesday morning. He woke me up a bit and asked if I was feeling alright. "Yeah, why?" "Well, cause, hun you left the freezer door open and stuff is a little soft" "Oh man, I ruined another freezer?!" The first thing that came to mind was that we had JUST put that new fridge in and maybe it was me that broke the last one! Fortunately this one was kinder and everything froze right up.

So Tuesday I go to work, feeling a little upset at myself for doing something so stupid... I took the truck that morning because it was last in the driveway and I have a shorter drive to work. So on my way home I stopped at the grocery store, and then when I pulled in the driveway at home I took the keys out of the ignition, and turned to grab my purse and the grocery bag. With my free hand I locked the doors on the switch on the door and shut the door. I look back in the window to see the keys sitting on the console! AAHH! I put my stuff down on the front step and get my phone out only to see that the battery is almost dead! I figure I have enough juice to make one call so I look up the # for our insurance claims and while I'm getting through the prompts and such, wouldn't you know it, our little boy has decided it would be a good time to start beating on my very full bladder. So there I am, panicking, hurting, 5 months pregnant, locked out of my own house and vehicles. I plead with the woman to send Pop a Lock as soon as she can! Just as I get off the phone with them my phone rings again to let me know "service will be there within 35..." MY PHONE DIES! 35 seconds, I hope, I hope sooo much! It was about 15 minutes after that that they showed up and unlocked the truck so I could get inside. I had never been more excited to see Pop A Lock!

Wednesday was a good day... as far as I can remember (now that I've made it to Friday), however, it picked back up on Thursday. Earlier Rob and I had gone to Ikea for a few things and got some light bulbs. Rob noticed that they were broken when we got home so Thursday we were driving up to Ikea to return them. We were about 3/4 of the way there when I realized we had left them at home! We didn't bother turning around and just bought a replacement pack. Hopefully I remember to bring them back this weekend!

In other news...
I've been feeling our son's activity a lot more these days, it's so thrilling and amazing to me! We still have yet to have that definite moment when Rob feels him too, but I know we're close! Yesterday I was laying in bed with Rob's hand on my belly and I saw Rob's finger move from a kick! Poor Rob said he didn't feel it, but I guess it's because it wasn't very powerful. Between the pulse my belly has taken on and my breathing, it can be difficult to notice it on the outside.
Our next appointment is Monday, but I think it's just a general check up, no tests or ultrasounds.
I'll update after the appointment! :)




No comments: