Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

5.14.2010

Humble Reflection

What does it mean to have this new life tethered to me? What an awesome and daunting responsibility I have within. Every part of it continues to astonish me, and forces me to grow as well. It's a shame that this miracle is not something all humankind can experience, but only women, and even still, that is no guarantee.
As I lay here in bed trying to fall asleep after a long day of work scattered with little flashes of a kick or a roll in my body, I can't help but think about how very different our lives will be in 20 weeks compared to 20 weeks ago or even a year ago. There's no real way to prepare for what lies before it, but I have faith and I am strong because my husband is. I love him so much and cannot wait to really share this new person, our son, with him in a few months.
Love truly knows no bounds.

No comments: