Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

8.24.2010

35 and Craving

We're 35 weeks along today. I figured now would be a good time to recap the interesting things that I've encountered being pregnant thus far.
  • Morning sickness wasn't as bad as I expected, but it was definitely there.
  • Gaining weight was easy to avoid for the 1st and 2nd trimesters.
  • People will comment on your body more than they ever have in your life.
  • Your 9 months goes by in weeks, not months or seasons.
  • Depending on when your due date is, there will be some comment on being pregnant through that season. For me it's been "oh pregnant in the summer, I feel bad for you" Fortunately, I don't think being pregnant in the heat of the Texas summer has been so bad, thanks to this new invention called air conditioning.
  • Everyone wants to know what you're having, when, and what you're calling it. I now think some of this is amusing as I have no control over anything, but the last, and that seems to come with the most criticism.
  • People are really opinionated and sometimes fearful of the notion of cloth diapering. That's funny to me because cloth diapering is older than they are!
  • I've craved watermelon since the first trimester and ding dongs since the second trimester. Fruit has been my friend, encouraging me to try and fall in love with tangelos.
  • I've still not had ice cream and pickles together
  • I did ask Rob to get me oreos and milk at 3am a few days ago!
  • Pickles make my mouth water.
  • I do have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, sometimes too much in my opinion.
  • The swelling comes and goes. Only a couple shoes still fit, and that's because I got them a size too big!
  • I love feeling my son move around in my belly, and it's bittersweet that our closeness has to end soon.

1 comment:

Photofashionista said...

I love this post! I totally agree with everything. Pregnancy hasn't been what I expected, but in many ways it's been more than I expected. I especially second the name and cloth diaper points. Well said!

Not much longer now. :) :) :)