Today we had our 36 week appointment, a day before we're actually 36 weeks on the calendar. It was such a great appointment, even though it took so long!
We got there late, which was fine because I think the whole office was running about a half hour behind! The first thing we did was the ultrasound to see just how big our little man is. It was so great seeing him on the screen and while it wasn't in 3D like we were spoiled with before, we knew that this was for medical reasons. The whole time he had his hands in front of or in his mouth so we couldn't get a really good profile shot. It's okay though because I wanted to see everything. He's in the head-down position still, and looking great! He weighs about 6lbs 4oz now, with plenty of time to pack on more weight! My guess before the appointment was that he was closer to 7lbs. He had a good loud heartbeat of 137 bpm.
![]() |
| His little fist is the big bump on the left, just to the right of that is his little nose (where the arrow points) |
After the ultrasound was over we went to the regular exam rooms, I got weighed.. my least favorite part of the whole appointment turned out not so bad, I'm holding steady at 20lbs gained this whole pregnancy which is really good, in my opinion! I also would like to say that the swelling is 90% gone- my feet look normal now! My blood pressure is normal, the nurse reassured me, but never did tell me the numbers. Dr Cherry did the Group B Strep test (of which I'll probably have the results in a few days) and then measured my belly, "36 weeks on the button" as she put it. Then she did the pelvic exam which wasn't bad at all. I kept hearing about how uncomfortable it was, but I didn't think so. Anyway, she said I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, perfect for 36 weeks along.
I was so happy with this appointment! Unfortunately, with next week including a holiday I wasn't able to get in my regular weekly appointment that I should be starting at this stage. I think it should be fine though because we just live 5 mins away and I have the numbers handy if I should need anything in the mean time. The next appointment is in 2 weeks, and I'll be 38 weeks along then. I wonder what the progress will be!




2 comments:
Congrats, Chan! All good news!
Good for you Chantal! 20 pounds is awesome!
Post a Comment