Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

9.22.2010

Are We There Yet?

Yesterday was Rob's birthday. We totally thought all along that that was going to be the magical day, because how cool would it be for Rob to share a birthday with his son? Well, maybe our next baby will get that honor!
We had a doctors appointment in the morning, but I was up at 3am feeling quite miserable. I had indigestion, contractions, and heartburn. At our appointment I told the Dr how I was feeling and that I was pretty sure I had been having more than just the practice contractions, Braxton Hicks. She checked my progress and said that the good news is that I had progressed from 1cm last week to 2cm this week. She put me in a small dim room with a comfy chair to monitor my contractions. About a half hour later she came in to tell us that I was having contractions about 5-7mins apart and that she wanted me to head over to the hospital. She checked me again and said that I had progressed to almost 3cm right there in the office. I was excited but pretty nervous!
We went home, tried to grab a few things and then went to the hospital. There they monitored me for a few hours, and a different doctor came in to check my progress. Well, according to her there hadn't been any since I left the office and I should go home until my water breaks or the contractions get really bad. We were bummed.
Today I got up determined to do something. I had breakfast, got dressed and Rob and I went for a walk in the neighborhood with a friend that lives a few streets away. She was in a similar situation and offered some advice. On the way back I had a couple of sharp contractions and decided to try bouncing on my birthing ball. I did that for about a half hour and didn't really get anymore. Still irregular!
My Dr called this afternoon to let us know that she would be willing to induce us on Friday if we wanted to be in the hospital at 6am. We called her back to sign up!
I don't know what sort of switch happened but I have so much energy today, so much ambition to meet my son! I'm taking a little break now because it's raining outside but I plan to go for another walk in a little bit! I would really like to get this little guy kick started on my own, but at least I know if I don't, we will have a baby in our arms by the weekend!
I am SO unbelievably excited. I know it's going to hurt, I've known that for a long time but now, it just feels right. We love him so much and we are ready!

No comments: