Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

10.14.2010

Where has the time gone!?

The past 2 almost 3 weeks have been a complete blur! Whizzing past faster than Jeff Burton on a NASCAR race!
Benjamin has grown so much right before our eyes. I am so glad that both Rob and I have been able to stay home with him and watch our little miracle. It's also been a good time to adjust to life with a newborn. Some nights are better than others, but since we don't really have any time demands, we end up sleeping in past 10 or 11am and staying up until 12a. Our nights are really only interrupted 2 or 3 times, which we're slowly getting used to. Though, I'm not sure one ever really gets used to broken sleep, especially when it's because of a crying baby.
So far I've taken a picture of him every day since he was born, and I think you can really see how much he's changed. Well, I can at least.
This week we noticed that he's getting much better at holding his head up, following sounds with his eyes, and Rob even heard him giggling while he was changing his diaper!
We've both been peed on but Rob had the pleasure of experiencing projectile poo!
Breastfeeding is getting a bit easier, every time. I've been pumping since week one and at first Rob would feed him the expressed milk to give me a break here and there but today I started pumping to build a freezer stash for when I go back to work. Ugh. I don't even want to think about going back to work! November 1st will be my first day back, we really can't afford for me to stay out any longer.
Good news! We're using cloth diapers 95% of the time now, and it's working out well! So far, Rob's approved of the pre-folds and covers. That was after I had him watch some YouTube videos of how to fold them and put them on the baby! He's pretty much a pro now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and your little family!!