Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

11.10.2010

6 weeks and counting!

Our little boy is just over 6 weeks old and we are thrilled by him a little more each day!

His eyelashes are coming in fuller, his cries are a little louder, and his movements more controlled. He smiles and makes noises and is growing so much right before our eyes.
We've had some family come to visit him since he was born. When he was a week old my Dad came to visit and decided that he wants to be called "Pops". It was a good visit, short, but good. :)
Then in the middle of October, Rob's parents and brother came to visit. There was a bet made by Grampy to Rob that by the end of the week he would have Benjamin talking because his Dad (Rob) started talking early. Well, the week went by and no words were uttered by Benjamin so Grampy owed us a steak dinner!
It was his Grammy's first airplane ride to come visit, her first time using an ATM, and her first time having sushi! Grammy stayed another 2 weeks and retured home this week. We were very spoiled by her help and Benjamin was held a lot! I think he misses his Grammy, his 3rd favorite person!

We didn't dress him up for his first Halloween, but we had a few Halloween onesies that I put him in around Halloween.
We've used the Moby wrap a bunch of times to carry Benjamin to run errands, go shopping, and go to a few restaurants.
He's gotten very good at holding his head up and looking around. He'll even watch us move about the room. He loves looking at or out windows and smiles a lot! I think this week he smiled when he recognized our faces smiling at him.
We've had eventful diaper changes including but not limited to poo on the floor pee on clothes and in his own face! Thankfully though, he rarely spits up! It can take what seems like a long time to get a good burp out of him after eating though which can be frustrating for all of us. Sometimes I'm still surprised at how loud he burps! I've joked that he could compete with a beer bellied middle age man!
Our little ninja has outgrown much of his newborn sized clothes and had his first diaper rash a couple weeks ago. Thankfully it cleared up fast though.
The cloth diapering is going well. Better than we expected and after really looking at the prices of dispoable diapers and formula I am so glad we're not forking out that kind of money all the time!
Soon Benjamin will be 2 months old and be going to his check-up. I'll have more to catch up on then because it will also be his first Thanksgiving! We're going to The Adams' for Thanksgiving dinner.
I must say, we're all loving life right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are loving life! You're a great mommy! Ben is such a cutie!

Jessica said...

Congrats Chantel! Jay and I were just wondering about you guys a few days ago! Ben is adorable and I am sure you are a great mom!