Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

12.28.2010

Finding Fingers and Coos

This is Benjamin's first Christmas! We've set up our tree and hung our stockings. Benjamin loooves looking at the lights on the tree! His eyes are wide and he goes into a calm "I'm soaking all of this up" sort of mode. It's so sweet.

Underneath the Zilker "tree"

Admiring our 2010 Christmas tree

We brought him to see the Zilker Tree since he likes lights, but it was rather chilly and windy so we didn't stay long. He just stared at the lights and people. I dont know if he was too cold to smile or overwhelmed but he didn't cry or even fuss. He was fast asleep in the car on the way home though!



Peaceful Nap

Recently he's really discovered his hands. Looking at them, inspecting. Trying to get them all in his mouth, and touching them together. It's really cute.
He's started getting the hang of hand-eye coordination in reaching for our faces and his toys.







Babbling to the froggy friends.

He's also exploring his voice! He talks when Rob and I are talking to each other, talking to him, and he even talks to his bumper and his toys! Its so cute to hear his little coos and babbles! I laid him down for a nap the other day and he had turned his head, put his thumb in his mouth and started talking to the frogs on his bumper. It was so adorable!


Tummy Time





We've tried to practice "tummy time" a little every day and it seems it's starting to pay off!
One morning we were relaxing in bed and Ben rolled on his side from his back all by himself, and then over to his tummy! Of course, once he got to his tummy he wasn't very happy but he rolled over at 2.5mos old!




Benjamin and Alistair
We had an early Christmas with Skye, Nate and Alistair and the boys got to know each other a little more! They both got new books and I think Alistair taught Benjamin to use his voice a little more because ever since our little man has been talking a bit more!



This Christmas Eve we noticed a lot more drool and the need to gnaw. I think he's started teething! Exactly 3 months old, and he's getting his first tooth!  We're coping. Trying to get him to chew on a cold wet washcloth or his binky instead of his fingers- as that seems to hurt a bit. And because it's Christmas weekend, the doctors and stores are all closed, so we just had to do the best with what we had!
   I want to try to get a good video of him babbling on here, but I think he's gotten a little camera shy! Hopefully I can catch him soon!

No comments: