Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

12.01.2010

Month Deux

So I'm a little late posting this, but Benjamin is 2 months old! He's keeping us busy, that's for sure!
Rob and I have both gone back to work and we're getting a sort of schedule down with Benjamin.
He's smiling SO much these days, it's wonderful to have such a happy baby! There are only 3 reasons he ever cries- hungry, tired, or dirty. Ok sometimes he fusses when he'd rather be held but we don't mind holding him!
At his 2 month appointment he was weighed wearing clothes and his cloth diaper, but they put him at 13lbs 4oz, 23.5 inches long and a head circumfrence of 15". Our favorite nurse at Dr. Weidmann's office, Elizabeth, says she thinks Ben is going to be a big boy! We agree, and thought he would be bigger than he was at birth. I can't complain though, he is perfectly healthy and I had a fairly easy labor.
He slept in his crib in his room for the first time in November, the 26th.
Last week Benjamin had his first Thanksgiving. Rob had to work, so we went to my cousin Skye's house to visit with her, Nate, and Alistair. Other guests were in attendance as well. This past Saturday I made a roast duck for our own Thanksgiving for the first time. Next year will be fun, when Ben can have a little of the food, too!
This week he's been a bit under the weather, but he is such a trooper about it. Let's just say that salmonella is not something to mess with!
The weather is getting cooler and we're gearing up for Benjamin's first Christmas! This weekend we'll put up the tree and decorations. I think he'll like the lights, I know I do!

1 comment:

kim said...

He's just so adorable! I hope you're having fun being a mommy!