Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

5.10.2010

Names...

So since I'm keeping this as sort of a journal I want to try to document all the stuff that people write to us about the event. Here's a quick recap of what's going on with the name situation...
Rob and I can agree on names we don't like, but there are a bunch of names we do like, but that's not helpful in narrowing down a few. So we spent a long while coming up with a list of fun names, serious names, and just some names that stood out for some reason. Then last night I emailed this to a bunch of people we know:
Rob and I have a list of name possibilities for our petit prince. Since we're about half way to the due date we figured we could send the list out have each of you pick 1-3 names to help us narrow it down. The sooner you send us your choices the better. :)
Also, if you choose a name not on the list, please tell us why you picked that name.

Ethan          Joshua
Daniel         Alexander 
Anthony      David
Logan         Gabriel
Benjamin    Jonathan
Lauren        Lucas
Thomas       Jason
Carter         Brody
Adam          Henry
Eric             Victor
Ashton        Trevor
Camden     Tucker
Dillon        Axel
Quinn       Theodore
Dean         Beau
Bruce        Ace
Dexter      Lucian
Angus      Etienne

* If you know of more family to send this to, that would respond, feel free to forward this to them as well, I just don't have everyone's email in one place.

Thanks!

So far we've gotten these responses. I just love each of these and want to be able to look back on these when he's 5, 10, 25, etc...
From Pepere (soon to be grand-pepere) Pinette:
My first choice is Thomas.  Your great-great-great grandfather was Thomas, as a matter of fact my grandfather was Thomas the fourth.  It has a certain tradition, to me at least.
I also like Gabriel and Joshua.   Joshua was a great Maine general in the civil war, war hero and governor of Maine.  Only has a meaning for me of course, but reading about him gave me a great respect for the man.  Gabriel because I could shorten it to Gab.

But any name you select is okay with me.  It's not the name that makes the man but the character behind the name.  I hope he gets to do great things.

Pepere

Also (in regards to the guessing game online, where people have guessed the sex, birth date & time, weight and length):
Hi Chany;

Did not know the guessing game got locked after a while,  and I tried too late, but for the heck of it, Sept 29, 5:00 PM, your father's time of birth.  We now know it’s a boy so no problem there.  May he live to do great things, like honoring his parents and being honorable, kind, not shallow, but profound of charactor.  May the forces accompany him all the days of his life. 

From Memere (soon to be grand-memere) Pinette:
Gabriel, Lucas, Dillon, Paradis
you could also use Theodore your great great grandfather was Heliodore Cyr AAA.
love Memere

From Mary (soon to be Grammy) Paradis:
Thanks for this e-mail, which I've forwarded to Robbie's sisters.  You really caught me off guard with this one.  The name that stands out to me from the list is "Anthony" (I wonder why?), but no matter what you name the little guy, we'll love him.  From what I've been reading online, children with more classic names tend to be more successful in life. 
It's a funny thing about names.  I would never name a baby "Mabel", but the other day I stopped at Val's workplace, and there was a little girl about three years old named Mabel, who was adorable, and the name fit her. 
Good luck with choosing a name.  It is a big responsibility and your decision alone.
Love, Mary/Mom


Also: When I was almost nine months pregnant with Peter, and Robbie was two years old, I went into the bathroom and locked the door.  Robbie knocked on the door, and I said, "I want some privacy."  Robbie said, "Let me in.  I want some privacy, too."


From Armand (soon to be pepere) Paradis:
I am honored that you asked for my choice of names, but choosing a child's name is a solemn and privileged happening, and belongs to Mom & Dad exclusively!! Don't let anyone else tamper with that. If  I were to make suggestions, I would say, avoid the names that say my parents were kids when I was born, also,  I would stay away from the trendy theater and actor's names they just don't sound right with the surname Paradis attached to them, hence the classic names of my sons ,I believe that you have already chosen that boy's name and both of you are in mutual agreement and I am anxious to here what it will be!   Love Grandpa


From Mary (Mazi) Pinette:
I like all of them.  I am sure you guys will pick the perfect name!  :)


From Paul (Pepere) Pinette:
Hi Chan,
I like

Ethan
Alexander
Bruce

And I like
Camden too
Daniel...
Ok Ill stop now

Hope you are feeling well
Love dad



From Andy (soon to be great-Trampy) Rollins:
Joshua,David,Paul, This is the best I can do Not veary good with names

Love you all  Trammpy   
     


From Diana (soon to be Auntie Diny) Smith:
Hi Chany,
I prefer - Henry, Benjamin and Eric. I don't care for Lauren only because I've only known of girls with that name - it would take some getting used to. I don't really dislike any of your choices.
Looks like you're doing well. Cute nursery!
Love (Auntie) Diny :-) 


From Tina (soon to be Great-Auntie Tina):
Hello, Channy and Rob,
I love the names; Quinn,Gabriel, and Trevor, I know that Thomas is one of the Great, Great, Great, Great Great grandfather on Trampy side of the family.
Courtney wanted me to put down the names she liked;Axel,ace and Beau.
Love ya, Auntie Tina


From Helen (soon to be Great-Auntie Helen):
Hi Chan,
Memere sent us the email about baby names.  Apryl and I picked 3 cuties
Alexander
Logan
Ethan
and Apryl also liked Etienne
love the updates on facebook.
Love,
Auntie Helen
 


~I'm going to update this as I continue to receive responses. ~

2 comments:

LisaB said...

I love Brody, Benjamin, and Ethan! I like Quinn a lot, too - but I don't think Quinn Paradis sounds right for some reason. :)
That is so neat to hear what your family said!!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for Gabriel. It is a glorious name.