Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

9.11.2010

Dry Run!

I had planned to just hang out at home today, bum around and just relax.
Then this afternoon I noticed my undies were a little wetter than I had previously experienced, so I called the After Hours Nurse and she paged the on call Dr that wanted me to go down to the hospital to make sure my water didnt break.
So I woke up Rob who was pretty nervous, grabbed our bags and headed to the hospital. Parked and walked all the way to L&D (they really should put that a little more convenient for preggos to get to!!) and got checked in. I put on the Johnnie, was hooked up to a blood pressure monitor, and 2 bands around my belly to monitor for contractions and for the baby's heart beat.
Then we signed a few papers and waited for the Dr to arrive.
And waited.
About 30 mins after we got there, the On Call Dr, Dr Hooi, showed to examine me. She said that she could see the extra discharge that I had noticed and ran a couple tests to see if it was in fact amniotic fluid. She also checked for any progress... none! We're still at 1cm and 50% effaced. Oh, and then the results, not amniotic fluid! She said that it's just my mucus plug dissolving and to keep an eye on it. If the volume of fluid increases we definitely need to come back.
Both the Dr and nurse commented that our boy was looking awesome and that we both looked great. That was nice to hear.
The Dr explained that while I didn't have any labor contractions there, my uterus wasn't exactly quiet.
Rob and I left about an hour after we arrived to head home.
I'm glad we went in- better safe than sorry! Now we know what to expect and the bags and carseat are already in the car!

No comments: